Re: RFCs: two proposals for change

From:
Grant M.
Date:
Re: RFCs: two proposals for change
Message ID:
006501c0005c$d275ca60$520aa8c0@genomecorp.com
I agree with Mr.Brand. Silence does not indicate apathy (it actually
indicates points more toward consent). Moreover, I have submitted
several emails to this list with suggestions,  but I have to date only
seen one reply. I do not suspect that it is because people are
apathetic about my ideas (I actually suggested the Status header some
time ago), but rather because the list is rather difficult to dig
through unless you keep up with it almost constantly. I suspect that
only the subjects that people don't respond because they agree with
the statements, or have missed the message entirely.
    Additionally, there probably should be someone assigned to the
system that can "preview" comments from commercial interests and other
subscribers that have an interest in the outcome/process, but don't
feel that they have the technical skills or understanding to offer a
suggestion in a manner in which it will be received graciously. This
person could be a liaison for the less enlightened, and perhaps even a
champion of their suggestions.
Just a thought,
Grant M.
wizard@genomecorp.com