Re: perl6-all - Duplicate elimination

From:
Matthew Persico
Date:
Re: perl6-all - Duplicate elimination
Message ID:
398CC6E8.577B4972@acedsl.com
Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:

> Matthew Persico [persicom@acedsl.com] quoth:
> *>
> *>What if you're a poor slob like me stuck with NT using Netscape mailer
> *>accessing an IMAP mailbox via dailup?
>
> SOL comes to mind. There are some MUAs for NT that will do filtering but
> NS mailer isn't one of them.

Well, B<that's> encouraging. :-)

> *>I don't yet have the time to bring back my duall-booted NT/Linux
> *>installation <long sob story snipped>.
>
> Try *BSD :)

Either way, it will end up being dual booted and I'd have to do a bit of
partition shuffling to accomplish it. It's not so much LINUX as the
problem, it's whacking down my NT stuff to get some space.

> *>Any PRACTICAL suggestions?
>
> Well, sure, get yourself a bit of software that is capable of filtering
> Outlook apparently is capable of this.

Oh no, no, no, no. No "I LOVE YOU" viruses for me. Outlook is not
comming anywhere near my machine if I can help it. I'm sorry, but
putting Outlook on my machine is tantamount to injecting myself with raw
West Nile Virus. (I'm in NYC, hence the reference). I'm probably
over-reacting and I'm not stupid enough to open attachments from people
I do not know, but hey, why take that chance...

> http://www.enee.umd.edu//medlab/filter/software.html
>
> is a nice collection of information filtering tools and there may be a
> chance one of them would be useful to you.

...when there appears to be an alternative. Thanks.

--
Matthew O. Persico

"If you were supposed to understand it,
we wouldn't call it code." - FedEx