Re: Perl 6 project plan / roadmap

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
Re: Perl 6 project plan / roadmap
Message ID:
14731.14152.901368.941024@prometheus.frii.com
Ajit Deshpande writes:
> If there is any interest in this effort, I can draw up a plan (which in
> turn will involve gathering immediate requirements from gnat/skud :) and
> post it here.

That's a very generous offer.  I still don't know enough to even guess
at what kinds of requirements we'll need.  I am also wary of spawning
sub-projects, as that takes effort away from perl6 and also threatens
to duplicate this incredibly overwhelming wishlist and indefinite
pros-vs-cons discussion that we're having about perl6.

So ... if you were to do it, that'd be great.  However, I don't think
it should be done under the aegis of perl6, and I wouldn't have any
requirements to give you.

Hope that's not too much rain on your parade.

Nat