Re: RFCs: two proposals for change

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: RFCs: two proposals for change
Message ID:
200008041729.KAA23178@kiev.wall.org
Nathan Torkington writes:
: Simon Cozens writes:
: > The question is, then, how do we sufficiently register apathy?
:
: As Skud said: it's not really an issue.  This is brainstorming.
: I'm trusting Larry to do a lot of the triage himself.  We could
: schedule a vote, but that's a massive pain in the ass to organize
: and really brings the committee-lovers out of the woodwork.
:
: Larry, do you have any opinions on this?  Do we need to be telling
: you "not many people cared about this"?  If so, any ideas on how
: to do it?

I can get a feeler for that just from monitoring the discussion, or
lack thereof.  For the first crack at design, I think I should aim to
make rational choices rather than "democratic" ones.  If I make a
choice that there's a groundswell of antipathy towards, then we'll need
to take that into account as we revise things.

But considering that the whole reason we're having Perl 6 is because I
want people to tell me where my blind spots are (or have been), I hope
to demonstrate some degree of sensitivity to the needs of others.  :-)

Larry