Re: perl6-all - Duplicate elimination

From:
Chaim Frenkel
Date:
Re: perl6-all - Duplicate elimination
Message ID:
m3k8dxrxwk.fsf@csamnycln01.nyc.csam.com

ABH> The idea is that you get the unaltered feed so you can get all
ABH> messages in the right folder and do duplicate elimination yourself.
ABH> I figured that if you can't do duplicate elimination then you
ABH> probably can't handle the amount of mail you get from perl6-all
ABH> anyway.

I do do duplicate elimination. But my incoming archive is growing
by leaps and bounds.

But I don't see the need for p6-all to send out the duplicates. The
headers have all the information.

Most folks complain about duplicates, rather than not having a copy
for each folder. It should be easy to create an extra copy on the
receivers machine.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel					     Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
chaimf@pobox.com				               +1-718-236-0183