How to change the process, was Re: What is on-topic for bootstrap?

From:
J. David Blackstone
Date:
August 3, 2000 16:58
Subject:
How to change the process, was Re: What is on-topic for bootstrap?
Message ID:
398A071C.5EBA2BB8@dfw.net
Nathan Torkington wrote:
> I'm not yet ready to
> make the list.  I'm still thinking about the best way to prevent it
> from becoming a random spewage list.
>
> Nat

  I don't think we need a "master list" or "meta list" to create new
top-level groups or make changes later on.  bootstrap simply existed
to get this process started.

  In the future, if it becomes desirable to create a new top-level
group, the idea will probably arise initially as an idea for a
sub-group.  When it becomes apparent that a top-level group is
warranted, the manager of the group that thought it up should inform
the Project Manager, who should make the decision, have the group
created, and email perl6-announce and the originating (not "parent")
group(s?).  The same goes for sub-groups that are promoted, top-level
groups that are demoted, or any other reorganization we think is
important enough to discuss.

  Similarly, if we decide we want to change some procedural decision
made "way back in bootstrap," the discussion will arise as an
off-topic thread on a group and (hopefully) evolve into an email to
the Project Manager that something needs to be different, possibly
with a short stint in a new working group to discuss the issue.  The
Project Manager will decide for or against the change and announce the
facts on perl6-announce.

J. David