Re: RFCs: two proposals for change

From:
Alan Young
Date:
Re: RFCs: two proposals for change
Message ID:
3989F3D9.CB919D95@uswest.net
Nathan Torkington wrote:
>  2) Who is going to decide the status?  I picture a working group
>     chair saying "ok, time to nail this RFC down" and handing it
>     off to a working group.  When they return, is that the end of it?
>     I don't want, and I guess nobody wants, indefinite ongoing
>     blather about a topic.

I don't think we want things to go on and on ... but I do think we need
to have a recursive process.  Maybe 3 refinements? Something like the
following:

A WG is setup with a time limit for the first draft RFC.
WG pounds out a RFC (PCR?) and submits it.
WG main list argues^Wdiscusses it.
A new time limit is set for the second refinement.
WG pounds out a refined PCR.
etc.

?

Alan