Re: RFCs

From:
Jonathan Scott Duff
Date:
Re: RFCs
Message ID:
20000801123059.A17313@cbi.tamucc.edu
On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 11:10:16AM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> Chaim Frenkel writes:
> > I move that we create an list (perl6-rfc) that would recieve all RFC's.
>
> When you have an RFC you think is ready for wider publishing, the
> librarian will
>  (a) assign a number if it doesn't have one
>  (b) put it on the web site
>  (c) mail it to the -announce list
>
> I'm trying to wake up the old librarian now, and will find another
> if he can't be located :-)
>
> I don't think an rfc list is needed.

So the librarian must monitor perl6-all and extract the RFCs from the
uninteresting bits?  I agree that a list isn't needed, but it would be
nice to at least have an alias such that mail to perl6-rfc@perl.org
goes directly to the librarian.  Then we could say that RFCs aren't
"official" until they've been regurgitated from the librarian with a
proper RFC number.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff