comments on requirements

From:
Brad Clawsie
Date:
July 31, 2000 21:46
Subject:
comments on requirements
Message ID:
20000731214626.B15108@yahoo-inc.com
i have read over the requirements document and i am very impressed.
thanks to those who worked to build it.

i have one syntactic suggestion that i have had on my mind but
have not seen it offered anywhere else, so here goes:

figure out some way by which -> and => do not exist simultaneously
in the syntax.

seasoned perl users obviously understand the difference - new users
will likely get confused (?) i wouldn't normally offer up such a
drastic syntax change, but it looks like there are no sacred camels
at this stage.

also missing i think was a more detailed explanation of the compatibility
requirements (or specific lack thereof) between perl5 and perl6.
what is the requirement of compatibility? is it required to be built in,
available as a module, etc.?

thanks for hearing me out. once again, great work on the req doc.

(p.s., i read this list from a self-generated digest once a day - 9pm PDT,
so replies to subsequent posts may not be rapid)

--
brad clawsie  brad@yahoo-inc.com