Re: FUBAR

From:
Ted Ashton
Date:
Re: FUBAR
Message ID:
20000731185357.C8214@ns.southern.edu
Thus it was written in the epistle of David H. Adler,

> Ok, lay into *me* now... :-)

Only for talking about how to talk about how to talk and not actually talking
about how to talk.  We seem to have those who want to talk and those who are
frustrated about how those who want to talk aren't talking about how to talk
and thus are talking to them about how they should be talking about how to talk
and not just talking, but no one who is actually talking about how to talk.

On that note, here are a few groups which make sense to the non-expert between
this particular chair and keyboard:
  regular expressions
  data storage (garbage collection and storage types)
  bug reporting (yes, I know that there's been a vote against this, but if
                 someone'll chair it and those who care about it can make
                 reasonable progress, don't stand in their way!)
  unicode support
  core inclusion (for arguments^Wdiscussion about what goes into the perl
                  executable and what becomes modules--including the ability
                  for one to decide for oneself)
  documentation methods (the POD folks and the RFC template designers)

Feel free to add to the list.  I think that it's worth saying that structure
is something which grows out of activity and that saying "let's don't do
anything just now but rather talk about how we're going to do it" seems
distinctly counterproductive.  Let's throw a few groups out there and let the
talking begin and then adjust as necessary.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton (ashted@southern.edu), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
"Obvious" is the most dangerous word in mathematics.