Re: perl 6 requirements

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
Re: perl 6 requirements
Message ID:
398576F8.BC9A3309@uk.sun.com
Graham Barr wrote:

> This was a hot topic during Chips talk at TPC and I am sure it will get
> a lot of discussion on the internals mailing list whenever it is setup.

Good - I'm sure it will be an interesting and productive discussion.

> Please don't fill this list with a discussion on the merits/flaws of
> various GC algorithms.

I didn't intend to.  I was responding to the discussion on the
requirements document, making a general point about there being a
requirement for any chosen GC mechanism to be predictable.  To be
perfectly honest I'm getting a bit tired of being jumped on whenever I
post a message that is couched in anything other than vague
generalities.  I understand that other lists will appear shortly, but at
the moment they don't exist.  Please give me credit for understanding
how far any such discussion should go on the bootstrap list.

'nuff said.

Alan Burlison