Re: Initial Structure

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
Re: Initial Structure
Message ID:
14723.39571.226362.477799@prometheus.frii.com
horos writes:
> Thing that sort of bothers me is that most of it is syntactical. Which grant
> you is important, but I have a feeling that if syntax is changed, it would
> bring up a whole bevy of new complaints on the new syntax.

Fortunately we don't have to evaluate them deeply.  That's Larry's
job.  We're brainstorming, giving him concrete proposals ("I want
X added to the language, because of Y.  It would work like this: Z")
and he'll decide how much the language should change.

> What I need now I think is more on the *structure* of perl, the environment
> shortcomings, architecture shortcomings, etc... I've got strong feelings on
> this, but I don't want to be the only major contributor in this area.

That's the internals side of things.  If you can keep those separate,
the language changes should go to the language list and the architecture
and structure changes to the internals list.

> (PS: I'm 'cc'ing this to bootstrap@perl.org. I'm not going to have
> much time to work on it this weekend, but I'm shooting for next week
> after I catch my breath at my new job.)

Ok.  Many thanks for doing that.  Early next week would be best.

Nat