Re: So...you want a working group

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: So...you want a working group
Message ID:
20000729144641.A7786@othersideofthe.earth.li
On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 11:14:00PM -0500, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> Since everyone seems to be willing to yammer on about nothing in
> particular I'd like to introduce something a bit more concrete.

You may not have noticed that a QA, internals and language mailing lists
have been set up and are doing things.

> Working Group - Vendor relations and advocacy
> Purpose - Compose ways to combat and convince groups that Perl isn't
> totally bonkers and unstable. A Perl Zen if you will.
> Members - I'd like to see Tim Bunce and Alan Burlison at least since they
> know the horrors of getting a vendor to 'see the light'.

I'm not the right person for this, but it sounds perfect. It may overlap a bit
with Dick's stuff, but that's fine. It's a job that needs doing. Can't half
too much good news about Perl going around.

--
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about."
-- B. L. Whorf