Re: message board system

From:
Elaine -HFB- Ashton
Date:
Re: message board system
Message ID:
20000728154312.F26441@chaos.wustl.edu
Dan Sugalski [dan@sidhe.org] quoth:
*>
*>I'd either make the news gateway one way (mail to news only) or moderated
*>with some sort of robomoderation scheme. I don't think an open
*>bidirectional gateway's a good idea here.

Erk. Is anyone keeping score here or even remember what the original issue
was? A mailing list discussing mailing lists that then jumps to NNTP and
Bulletin boards, et al is hard as hell to follow.

I would imagine that if there were a direction to go in at this point that
a decision could be made like "An announce list and a list for each
working group is the way it will go initially with revisions to be made as
the need arises".

It could take years at this point to find the combination of delivery
mechanisms to make everyone happy and it would still be wanting. If you
are tech-savvy enough to play then you are techie enough to find some way
to get the info I would guess.

Of course, each working group could have a subject area on use.perl with
one person responsible for doing weekly updates which could save us all
the filtering and chaff. But I would imagine there would need to be
something to talk about first.

e.