Re: message board system

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
Re: message board system
Message ID:
yl1z0enkyd.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
Chaim Frenkel <chaimf@pobox.com> writes:

> Though a mail <-> news interface may be good for some people.

> Host the nntp server on perl.org?

I'll quite happily volunteer to set up, configure, and maintain a news
server for anything Perl-related if I can be of help.

Note that if you set up a public NNTP server, people *will* pull down
everything on it and repost it to Usenet-proper, so if we do that we may
as well create the newsgroups globally and propagate them to Usenet
ourselves so that we at least have some control over how it happens.  (For
example, we may want the mail to news gateway to perform some munging of
the address or the like.)