Re: RFC file format (was RFC: A Test For Every Patch)

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
Re: RFC file format (was RFC: A Test For Every Patch)
Message ID:
20000728093336.A12542@ig.co.uk
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:34:31PM -0500, tadmc@metronet.com wrote:

> I suggest we do something like:
>
>    Define a "semi structured text" format (or use POD).

Use POD. Use POD. Use POD! For goodness sake, we've enough to do
without defining new text formats!

>    RFC Author writes in semi-structured text (i.e. easy and non-scary).
>
>    Author runs a (provided) tool (30 lines of Perl) that converts
>    semi-structured to XML.
>
>    Author runs a (provided) tool that converts the XML back to
>    plain text, to see if it still looks right.
>
>    The resultant XML is what is submitted (i.e. becomes "official").
>
>    Tools for translating the XML to plain text, POD, HTML,
>    SQL insert stmts, etc can then have their way with it.

All not a high priority and can be done against the repository of
RFCs once we have one.

> P.S. I hereby volunteer to help with any Markup Language related
>      aspects of Perl 6. Send me email if you can use markup help.

Thanks.

Tim.