Re: Possible conflict of interest?

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Possible conflict of interest?
Message ID:
20000728152418.A12093@othersideofthe.earth.li
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:16:51PM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> I'll gnaw my own scrotum off before Activestate, O'Reilly, Manning,
> Microsoft, or IBM have a corporate stake in perl6.

Greg, can we find a slot for this at YAPC::Europe?

Seriously, these companies already have a stake in Perl 6, and that's
good and healthy. They have a lot of money riding on it, I'm sure.
The question is whether we want to show apparent favouritism by
picking out one of these companies and giving their CEO a seat on
the "Perl Cabinet". It seems to be on somewhat dodgy ground.

If we're going to have a liaison working group for corporates, vendors and
users, why can't we have someone community-focused like Chris Nandor[1]
to lead it?

[1] Argh, then people might claim a VA conflict of interest. Yes, this
is tricky, isn't it?
--
10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.