Re: SourceForge, CVS, etc.

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: SourceForge, CVS, etc.
Message ID:
20000728083858.A28515@othersideofthe.earth.li
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 03:23:11PM -0700, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> As much as I like SourceForge, I'd hate to see Perl 6 not developed
> there.  But if CVS isn't up to the task, well....  *sigh*

I'm *really* sorry to keep banging on about this but the artitecture
I have in mind for the Perl Version System (http://perverse.sourceforge.net/)
is to have CVS look after the files and a separate daemon look after the
metadata. Submissions would go in through perverse and we could generate
logs, diffs and change summaries from it the way we do with Perforce, and
people can check out the sources from CVS oblivious to the Perverse goings
on.

Simon
		-- Aldous Huxley