SourceForge, CVS, etc.

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
July 27, 2000 16:08
Subject:
SourceForge, CVS, etc.
Message ID:
20000727152311.B479@perlsupport.com
According to Adam Turoff:
> [1] Chip, can we count on you to light the appropriate amount of fires
>     under the SourceForge maintainers should the situation become so
>     dire as to require it?

<brain>  YES!  </brain>

One caveat: For various reasons, SourceForge can't play host to any
software that isn't OSI-Certified Open Source [tm].  So as good as
e.g. Perforce and BitKeeper are, we can't use them on SourceForge.

As much as I like SourceForge, I'd hate to see Perl 6 not developed
there.  But if CVS isn't up to the task, well....  *sigh*
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <chip@valinux.com>