Re: message board system

From:
Steve Fink
Date:
Re: message board system
Message ID:
3980A1F6.CB1A3792@digital-integrity.com
I don't trust anything I can't grep.

A messageboard as an additional interface would be useful. But I can't
write scripts to scan a message board, I can't read it offline, and I
can't sometimes use mutt and sometimes use Netscape to access it. [And
in most] I can't mark as read, delete, or re-file into other folders. I
can't apply mail filtering rules.

And "slashdot-like" gives me the creeps. One of the worst interfaces
created to date.

Message boards are good for archiving and when you can somehow benefit
from collaboration (i.e., other people can contribute something useful
like ratings for *old* messages.) And they're good for website-specific
forums that nobody would want to bother subscribing to a mailing list
for.