Re: message board system

From:
Tom Hughes
Date:
Re: message board system
Message ID:
4023cbe449.tom@compton.compton.nu
In message <4.2.2.20000727100000.00c7bcd0@mail.sibervision.com>
          Simon <simon@sibervision.com> wrote:

> I'm willing to hear any pro's/con's or concerns regarding this idea.  I
> joined this mailing list only two days ago and was really surprised at the
> amount of messages posted daily.  I would really love to have all these
> great ideas kept in a more readable form.

Cons - message boards are pull not push and they generally have
very poor user interfaces compared to mail/news readers. They also
have to be operated online which is a real problem for people who
aren't in countries with flat rate internet access costs.

A mailing list backed up by a web archive for those odd occasions
when you need to go back in history beyond the amount of history
you keep locally seems like the optimum solution to me.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/