RE: message board system

From:
Garrett Goebel
Date:
RE: message board system
Message ID:
71BEC0D4E1DED3118F7A009027B1202835C7F8@EXCH_MISSION
Yes. I was about to suggest as much.

From: Simon [mailto:simon@sibervision.com]

> Instead of using an email system to send info out to all of
> us, why not use a message board system.  A message board would
> be much easier to keep track of threads, who replied to what,
> and of course would eliminate our full inboxes.

Such a message board could perhaps augment the email lists?
Mailing lists seem pretty engrained... people have their
reasons I'm sure. But, I have absolutely no desire to
subscribe/unsubscribe and setup mail filters on a daily basis.
I would much prefer a webpage which allows for easy filtering
and searching of the mail archive... along the lines of a
slashdot-like bulletin board.

Such a website where topics can be added, removed, filtered,
etc. would be great... even if it is only a massaging of the
seeming infinite and transient mailing lists and their hopefully
formalized subject headings. And user defined filters by subject,
author, etc.

I've sent my notes of the suggestions and perl5-sucks list which
I've gathered from the 600+ postings to this list and emailed them
off to Ed <horos@earth.he.net>, Kirrily Robert <skud@netizen.com.au>,
and Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com>.

Garrett