RE: Obscuring code? -- should the Perl system require code to be distributed as source?

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
RE: Obscuring code? -- should the Perl system require code to be distributed as source?
Message ID:
14720.28051.655565.340604@prometheus.frii.com
Tolkin, Steve writes:
> I think this "meta-topic" is perhaps the most important one
> addressed on this bootstrap list:
> Should the Perl system require code to be distributed as source?

The bootstrap list isn't the list for this.  When the architecture
or internals list is set up, that'll be the place to thrash out a
proposal to Larry that we support some form of source hiding.

We are not here to reach consensus.  We're here to give Larry the
best arguments for and against changes.

Nat