Re: Initial Structure

From:
Jonathan Scott Duff
Date:
Re: Initial Structure
Message ID:
20000727093616.B26382@cbi.tamucc.edu
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 12:13:30PM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:04:04AM -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
> > perl6-internals@perl.org
> > perl6-language@perl.org
> > perl6-all@perl.org
> > perl6-announce@perl.org
> >
> > Comments?  I'd like to have Ask set this up Thursday.
>
> Nat, slow down! Aren't we still discussing whether or not we're having
> multiple lists or a single one, or has that been declared officially
> dead?

I don't think that discussion on this topic will ever be "dead".
We'll pick *some* scheme to start out with.  We need to.  Soon.  Now.
Then if it doesn't work, we'll change it.

Actually ... I'm probably wrong ...  Isn't one of the ideas of these
lists (including bootstrap) that they have a job to do and a certain
time period in which to do it?  If so, when does bootstrap go away?
It may catalyze us if we tell ourselves that we need the list scheme in
place because bootstrap will no longer exist in N weeks.

Looking at the original goals that Adam Turoff posted we should have
the mailing list and archive infrastructure in place by now.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff@cbi.tamucc.edu