Re: Possible conflict of interest?

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Possible conflict of interest?
Message ID:
20000728081858.A5272@othersideofthe.earth.li
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 02:03:42PM +0100, Andy Wardley wrote:
> It's a valid point, but I think we have to live with it and try to
> manage people's incorrect perceptions, rather than pander to them.
> By the same line of reasoning, we could argue that Larry can't be in
> charge of language design because he's employed by O'Reilly.

Not exactly. It's more like saying that us Perl authors can't work
on documentation because we've got a vested interest in making it
bad so we can sell more books. :)

> But isn't this the very essence of what Dick's working group is about?

Uhm, not really, no. Dick's group's role appears to be one of corporate
liaison. I'm asking for that to include vendor and community liaison.

--
The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then hire a
hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck his dog and smash his