Re: [ben_tilly@hotmail.com: Glad I am not on bootstrap]

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
Re: [ben_tilly@hotmail.com: Glad I am not on bootstrap]
Message ID:
20000727075107.L4158@athens.aocn.com
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 08:02:39PM +0900, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:58:51AM -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > Maybe I'm a Luditte, but I've never learned mail filtering, and having
> > this knowledge as a prerequisite for contributing to Perl might be a
> > silly barrier to others as well.
>
> Yes, this is one reason I consider multiple lists to be a barrier to
> entry.

Err, I said just the opposite.  One Big List requires lots of
filtering to be manageable.  Multiple lists lets you just subscribe to
what you want with little or no filtering.

> > Alternative.  Have one big list made up of smaller lists.
>
> Right. Now I post a new thread to p6p. Where does it go?

Ben's original suggestion was that all posts to p6p have mandatory
magical tags in the subject field which say what topic you're posting
about.  p6p can simply look at the tag and route a copy of the message
to the appropriate list.

> Sorry, perl6-all doesn't work.

Did we just agree or disagree?  My brane hurts.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      schwern@pobox.com
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse