Re: Possible conflict of interest?

From:
Tim Bunce
Date:
Re: Possible conflict of interest?
Message ID:
20000727102936.C28037@ig.co.uk
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 04:53:23AM -0400, Dave Paris wrote:

> Then again, it was decision of the closed-door group, so I may well be
> wasting ASCII here.

Not true. Everything, after the initial decision to have a go at a Perl6,
was done in the open-invitation and open-door perl5-porters meeting.

I think Dick and ActiveState are in an excellent position to do the job.
No other single person or organisation that I'm aware of comes close to
having the breadth or depth of existing contacts with large corporations.

Tim.

p.s. I guess I should declare an interest as I was the founder of the
Perl Clinic service, now run jointly with ActiveState.