Re: RFC: A Test For Every Patch

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
Re: RFC: A Test For Every Patch
Message ID:
4.3.2.7.0.20000726230338.00cb6e20@24.8.96.48
At 04:08 PM 7/26/00 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> > Dan> No, I don't think that should be a requirement. If we're going to
> > Dan> want markup, we might as well go for something like XML.
>
> > DocBook. :)
>
>That's certainly one way of making sure I won't submit an RFC.  1/2 :)

Text is fine. Text is, in fact, really really good. I think at this point
we should use a plain text template and ask people to use it. If we want
fancier stuff, there's no reason not to have an XML template (that
something can autogenerate into text).

RFCs that get declared as standards could well be done in something more
formal, but I don't think we should ask anyone who cares enough to submit
one to jump through too many markup hoops. (Including ones as simple as POD)

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk