Re: RFC: A Test For Every Patch

From:
marcel
Date:
Re: RFC: A Test For Every Patch
Message ID:
200007262314.BAA18330@gandalf.local

In message <ylem4gxzey.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu>, Russ Allbery writes:

>> Dan> No, I don't think that should be a requirement. If we're going to
>> Dan> want markup, we might as well go for something like XML.
>
>> DocBook. :)
>
>That's certainly one way of making sure I won't submit an RFC.  1/2 :)

Absolutely. Even XML is a bit much. POD has the often-cited advantages
that you can easily read what you've written in any text editor, and you
don't need extra tools to verify the "validity" and "well-formedness"
before you submit a _text_ document.

Even if POD gets changed, if it's changed to the extent that a
manpage-like text document is no longer valid POD, then the RFCs are
going to be the least of our problems.

Marcel