Re: Initial Structure

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Initial Structure
Message ID:
20000727081234.A23520@justanother.perlhacker.org
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 06:37:54PM -0400, Kurt D. Starsinic wrote:
>     I don't think these final two items belong in the RFC; in the best of
> all possible worlds, this wouldn't even be discussed at the time an RFC
> is created.  I feel that an RFC should list issues to be considered in
> implementing a solution, such as scalability and security.
>
>     I also think that a justification for the proposed change should be
> part of the RFC.

Okay. I'm confused.

Are RFCs issued by a group leader, or anyone who feels like? Are RFCs the
final considered opinion on an issue, or are they the initial thoughts?
How, when, and by whom are they updated?

--
As the saying goes, if you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you
teach him to grep for fish, he'll leave you alone all weekend. If you