Re: Initial Structure

From:
Hugo
Date:
Re: Initial Structure
Message ID:
200007261942.UAA08240@crypt.compulink.co.uk
In <14719.3060.542601.251989@prometheus.frii.com>, Nathan Torkington writes:
:The mailing list chairs have access to a web page on perl.org that
:makes it easy to create or destroy mailing lists.  Once a mailing list
:is destroyed, its archives are put onto the webiste.
:
:We still need an RFC format.  Dan was going to come up with a draft
:format.  If he wants to punt, I'll do it tonight.  Right now I'm
:picturing:
: - Abstract
: - Description of the change
: - List of possible implementations (doesn't have to be at the bit
:   level unless you're talking a bit-level change) that were discussed,
:   with quick summary of pros and cons.
: - Suggested choice of implementation.

I envision these as living documents, so I hope they'll acquire
references to significant messages: proposed patches, elegant synopses
etc. Other possible things to mention are how easy a change (or each
implementation) would be to test, and how easy to port. Where the
change is discussed, and who chairs the discussion. Um, probably other
stuff.

Hugo