Re: Initial Structure

From:
John Porter
Date:
Re: Initial Structure
Message ID:
20000726142435.C19906@min.net
Andy Warhol^WWardley wrote:
> Perhaps also:
>
>    - Intent        (why make the change?)
>    - Impact        (what else might break?)

That is essentially the "Pro" and "Con" of the change as a whole.

So:

     - Synopsis [brief description]
     - Description [long]
     - Pros ("Why do it?")
     - Cons ("Why not?")
     - Possible implementations:
	1. - Description
	   - Pros
	   - Cons
	n. - Description
	   - Pros
	   - Cons

Since the decision or concensus as to which implementation is the best
-- and indeed, whether the change should be made at all -- must come
from the public discourse, and may change over time, I suggest that
these things be not embedded in the RFC itself, but contained in some
kind of appendix.

--
John Porter

	Aus tiefem Traum bin ich erwacht.