Re: Perforce vs CVS

From:
Graham Barr
Date:
Re: Perforce vs CVS
Message ID:
20000726123134.I472@pobox.com
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 11:28:35PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 01:03 PM 7/26/00 +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
> >I'd hate to see us create a barrier to entry which discourages people
> >from reading or contributing to the perl source.
>
> Here's a bigger issue with any source control system we choose. We *must*
> make sure that everyone, on any reasonable platform, has access to at least
> timely snapshots of the code, and I'd really prefer a full-blown client.

Well I use perforce for all my code development I release to CPAN.

But my Net::LDAP module has started to gain a large community. To handle this
I wrote a script (quick hack) which mirrored the perforce repository
into CVS on sourceforge.

This gives me, the developer, use of the tool I feel is best for
the job and also others get CVS read-only access to any changes as
I make them.

Graham.