Re: Vendor liason

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Vendor liason
Message ID:
20000726162717.A11987@justanother.perlhacker.org
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 05:21:43PM +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
> It seems to me that it might be beneficial to have a "Community liaison
> group" with a team of specific liaison people, eg Perl Mongers liaison,
> vendor liaisons, corporate user liaisons, etc as appropriate.

Spot on.

Or even just a few people who are available to do this sort of thing
and sit behind well-known email addresses: if Debian, Redhat and friends
know that they can send mail to distributions@perl.org and get help with
making a Perl package, we're less likely to see broken Perl RPMs out there.
This would be a good thing.

The vendors don't necessarily care about exactly *who* answers that mail, so
long is it gets done. There's no real need to have a named individual to
contact: a single *point* of contact is far more important than a single
person.

--
I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights.  I hit the gas,
people behind me stop, and I'm gone.  -- Steven Wright