Re: Vendor liason

From:
skud
Date:
Re: Vendor liason
Message ID:
20000726172143.A1277@netizen.com.au
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 03:09:33AM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:

>Do we need one such person?  You seem to be doing a good job inside
>Sun, Alan, and Jeff seems to be doing a good job inside HP.  Why not
>flip the relationship around and try to find liasons inside SGI and
>IBM instead of finding someone vendor neutral inside the community
>to deal with everyone?

It seems to me that it might be beneficial to have a "Community liaison
group" with a team of specific liaison people, eg Perl Mongers liaison,
vendor liaisons, corporate user liaisons, etc as appropriate.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions