Re: Perforce vs CVS

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Perforce vs CVS
Message ID:
20000726161754.A11235@justanother.perlhacker.org
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 03:01:57AM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
> Talking to Sarathy tonight, I've heard him mention the following points
> in favor of Perforce:

Thanks for that; I think we're now getting into technical details,
which isn't what bootstrap's for. We should maybe talk about this
somewhere else. I'll be setting up a site on sourceforge for my
little project, and I'll have a mailing list there, I think. If
that seems too much like I'm pushing my own solution too hard, we
could propose perl6-version-control or whatever to be set up.
I'm easy.

(Incidentally, this is how I see list forking work - reacting to a topic
that people do want to discuss in order to get it out of the nose of
people who don't, rather than announce a new list out of the blue and
then run around trying to find participants. Reactive, not pro-active,
and it doesn't conflict with, but tries to complement, a single main list.)

--
Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!
             -- Larry Wall in <200002141819.KAA18235@kiev.wall.org>