Re: Vendor liason

From:
Adam Turoff
Date:
Re: Vendor liason
Message ID:
20000726030933.C13068@panix.com
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:03:56PM -0700, Alan Burlison wrote:
> I notice in the original perl6 announcement that although there is a
> "Customer Relations" person (Dick Hardt), there doesn't seem to be a
> Vendor Liaison person, that is someone who is responsible for
> coordinating with all the ISVs and OS vendors etc who want to bundle or
> use perl in their product.

Very good point.

> Could such a volunteer be found.

Do we need one such person?  You seem to be doing a good job inside
Sun, Alan, and Jeff seems to be doing a good job inside HP.  Why not
flip the relationship around and try to find liasons inside SGI and
IBM instead of finding someone vendor neutral inside the community
to deal with everyone?

Z.