Re: Vendor liason

From:
Jeremy D. Zawodny
Date:
Re: Vendor liason
Message ID:
20000725234239.A891@peach.zawodny.com
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:03:56PM -0700, Alan Burlison wrote:

> I notice in the original perl6 announcement that although there is a
> "Customer Relations" person (Dick Hardt), there doesn't seem to be a
> Vendor Liaison person, that is someone who is responsible for
> coordinating with all the ISVs and OS vendors etc who want to bundle
> or use perl in their product.

Very good point. I don't know if anyone does that for Perl today. Or
does someone? Such a person is needed anyway. It's not really Perl6
specific, but maybe that's what it takes to get a Vendor Liaison.

> Could such a volunteer be found.

Hmm. Do I have any free time? Maybe.

> I think an important attribute of such a person is that they need to
> be seen as vendor-neutral as possible.

Agreed.

Is Microsoft a vendor? (*ducking*)

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny                Web Geek, Perl Hacker, Yahoo!
http://www.wcnet.org/~jzawodn/   Jeremy@Zawodny.com