Re: What about many many mailing lists?

From:
Tom Hughes
Date:
Re: What about many many mailing lists?
Message ID:
1197dde349.tom@compton.compton.nu
In message <20000725200517.29762.qmail@plover.com>
          mjd-list-bootstrap@plover.com wrote:

> I'm still expecting people to object to the idea of many many lists.
> What happened to the people who were saynig yesterday that there
> should only be a few lists?

I'll object. Aside from purely personal issues about the effort
involved in subscribing and local mail system configuration I just
can't see what it will achieve.

Either the lists which have a large number of subscribers in common
in which case why are they separate, or they won't in which case
you're just going to get balkanisation and silly turf wars between
factions represented by different lists.

That's not to say that there should only be one list, but just to
say that these ideas of groups coming and going on a daily or weekly
basis just seems plain potty to me.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)