Re: Perforce vs CVS

From:
Bradley M. Kuhn
Date:
Re: Perforce vs CVS
Message ID:
20000726012347.W10425@ebb.org
> - what are the social/PR implications of choosing Perforce and what will
>   their impact be?

From what I understand from this thread, Perforce is not free software
itself, even though it is gratis for use with free and open source software
projects.

I feel that choosing development that are not free software will
unnecessarily exclude people from participating in the development.  Many
people choose only to use and run free software on their computers, and
they still might want to participate.  (I am one such person.)

I realize that CVS may not be the best technological solution, but Simon has
said he's working on a free software replacement, and I think we should use
CVS and wait for Simon's software.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn