Vendor liason

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
July 25, 2000 22:04
Subject:
Vendor liason
Message ID:
397E713C.3A74FAFC@uk.sun.com
I notice in the original perl6 announcement that although there is a
"Customer Relations" person (Dick Hardt), there doesn't seem to be a
Vendor Liaison person, that is someone who is responsible for
coordinating with all the ISVs and OS vendors etc who want to bundle or
use perl in their product.  Could such a volunteer be found.  I think an
important attribute of such a person is that they need to be seen as
vendor-neutral as possible.  For that reason I'm *not* volunteering, but
I am volunteering to be the Sun end of the relationship ;-)

--
Alan Burlison
Solaris Kernel Development, Sun Microsystems