Re: Perforce vs CVS

From:
Simon Cozens
Date:
Re: Perforce vs CVS
Message ID:
20000726132928.A3283@justanother.perlhacker.org
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 02:24:40PM +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
> And, to broaden that that question a tad: Where does Perl 6 want to be
> on the cathedral/bazaar spectrum?  Is it considered a good or a bad
> thing that J. Random Hacker might grab the code, play with it, and maybe
> send a patch back to the Perl 6 mailing list(s) for consideration?

I believe this is a good thing; the way it works at present is that
I, or anyone else, will submit a patch to the mailing list, where it
goes through your average peer review nightmare^Wprocess, and a
pumpking may or may not pick it up and apply it to the tree.

I think it was Linus that said "Think of it as CVS with a brain."

--
"Which you then convert to gold, non-perishable food, firearms, good liquor &
a secluded hideaway in the last of the internet official protocol standards"