Re: Perforce vs CVS

From:
skud
Date:
Re: Perforce vs CVS
Message ID:
20000726142440.A29516@netizen.com.au
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 12:16:50AM -0400, John Tobey wrote:

>Who is "we" in "our needs"?  The developers with write access, or
>contributors who just want to change a half-dozen files in various
>directories and send in the output of cvs diff -u?

And, to broaden that that question a tad: Where does Perl 6 want to be
on the cathedral/bazaar spectrum?  Is it considered a good or a bad
thing that J. Random Hacker might grab the code, play with it, and maybe
send a patch back to the Perl 6 mailing list(s) for consideration?

Is it a goal of the Perl 6 project to encourage more people to
contribute to Perl's development?  Is that goal higher or lower priority
than whatever goals it is that Perforce helps to meet?

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions