Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
kevin lenzo
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
397E5953.6435303A@cs.cmu.edu
Adam Turoff wrote:
> [1] Chip, can we count on you to light the appropriate amount of fires
>     under the SourceForge maintainers should the situation become so
>     dire as to require it?

VA has expressed more-than-cooperation in support of whatever Perl needs,
but they will need what-we-want as a coherent proposal.  Whether it
exists in SourceForge proper, or we implement it and contribute it back
with their infrastructure support, depends on what we need and how
idiosynchratic it becomes.  In any event, i think VA has been and is
unequivocally supportive, and has made positive overtures w/r/t this in
particular.  Maybe this is a way YAS might help, by running a Perl
what-we-want, perhaps as a node of sourcefrog, with our particular
needs in mind.  I would volunteer that service, if it were desired.

kevin