Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
Adam Turoff
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
20000725215529.C25044@panix.com
On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 11:19:20AM +1000, skud@netizen.com.au wrote:
> [...] But if it's just a matter of modifying the behaviour of CVS,
> there's no reason taht that modified behaviour couldn't be done on SF as
> well as it could be done elsewhere, and I think they'd be pretty
> receptive to requests/suggestions.  They have people whose job it is to
> look after these things.

1) This is a good idea.

2) This is getting a little too low level at the present moment.

3) We have enough resources and knowledge available to us that
   anything we need to happen to SourceForge or CVS can happen.
   I don't think that necessarily extends to hacking CVS; it's
   reasonably customizeable as it stands right now.  [1] [2]

Z.

[1] Chip, can we count on you to light the appropriate amount of fires
    under the SourceForge maintainers should the situation become so
    dire as to require it?

[2] FreeBSD has been an early and deep adopter of CVS for a good long time
    now.  Among their local hacks is the $FreeBSD$ tag which is a briefer
    synopsis of $Revision$ and $Location$ I believe.  For anyone who
    wants to gain a deeper understanding of effective use of CVS, I
    would recommend looking in that general direction.