Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
skud
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
20000726111920.A24805@netizen.com.au
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 12:45:55PM -0400, Chris Nandor wrote:

>Aha, this is what I was hoping for.  SourceForge can't AFAIK, though there
>are probably add-ons to CVS that can.  But in any event, yes, this would be
>Cool.  Probably have special (read-only) mailing lists for each document or
>group of documents, and updates for that document go to the mailing list,
>making subscribing and unsubscribing simple.

I don't know whether it's relevant to mention this here and now, but if
p6 did choose to go with sourceforge and we needed something that
sourceforge didn't have, I think we'd be in a good position to get
changes made to it.  Among other things, I believe SF is itself open
source :)  But if it's just a matter of modifying the behaviour of CVS,
there's no reason taht that modified behaviour couldn't be done on SF as
well as it could be done elsewhere, and I think they'd be pretty
receptive to requests/suggestions.  They have people whose job it is to
look after these things.

K.

--
Kirrily Robert -- <skud@netizen.com.au> -- http://netizen.com.au/
Open Source development, consulting and solutions