Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
Re: Voting/Decision making guidelines
Message ID:
p04320403b5a3e8edb3f4@[192.168.0.77]
At 14:18 -0400 2000.07.25, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
>All you've done is push the decision making off to the working
>group.

Which is where it belongs.

>But those groups have to end up with a final report. Think of
>having **** and *** on the same working group. Do you think anything
>will come of it.

If **** and *** ($x and $y ?) are on the same group, it is the
responsibility of the leader of that group to make sure something does come
of it.  If that leader fails in this, then that leader will be removed and
a new one will be chosen.  This type of situation does not worry me in the
least.

>Some items are so closely split (I didn't mention |||) and so vehement
>that coming to a final decision is difficult or impossible.

This makes no sense to me.  How hard is it for a leader to simply make a
decision?  And if that leader can't, to remove them and replace them with
someone who will?

>So if voting is difficult, we need to replace it with a final authority.
>We have Larry, but quite a number of times, we requested a Rule #1 ruling
>but it didn't seem to be issued.

We have final authority in each working group, which has a leader.

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/