Re: What about many many mailing lists

From:
marcel
Date:
Re: What about many many mailing lists
Message ID:
200007260010.CAA12711@gandalf.local

In message <Pine.GSO.4.21.0007251718301.24247-100000@walter.dsl.frii.net>, wpie
ncia@walter.dsl.frii.net writes:

>Here's a strawman proposal for a general mailing-list structure.
>
>I think it incorporates the essentials that people have
>mentioned:
> - a general announcement list
> - specific working-group lists that are closed
> - a mechanism for interested parties outside a specific
>   working group to keep informed of its major issues without
>   wading through gazillions of e-mails.

I've just thought of exactly the same thing (i.e., before reading your
mail and the replies), so I suppose it means there is some merit to the
idea (I also likethe proposed openness of lists, even though summary
lists are read-only save for the wg summarizer).

Sorry if this comes across as an <AOL>me too</AOL>, but I just wanted
to say it's a good idea IMHO.

Especially this notion of propagating subgroups' summaries up the summary
group chain.

Additionally, maybe subgroup moderators should get the ok of parent
groups' moderators before spawning more subsubgroups so as to keep
original hierarchy intentions intact.

Marcel