Re: Backward Compatibility (was Re: List for Perl 6 syntax?)

From:
Joshua N Pritikin
Date:
Re: Backward Compatibility (was Re: List for Perl 6 syntax?)
Message ID:
20000725173724.C13282@ghostwheel.wks.na.deuba.com
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 10:08:13PM +0100, mjtg@cus.cam.ac.uk wrote:
> Andy Wardley <abw@cre.canon.co.uk> wrote
>
>    [ pre-ante-RFC on merging Scalar/Array/Hashe variables ]
>
> My immediate reaction to this was "Interesting idea, but what about
> Perl 5 compatibility?".    Which lead to the question "To what extent
> is Perl 5 compatibility a constraint on Perl 6?".

B::Perl6 can rename variables willy-nilly.

Seriously.

Tim said that these kinds of changes are up-for-grabs.

--
May the best description of competition prevail.
      (via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank)