Re: source control

From:
Joshua N Pritikin
Date:
Re: source control
Message ID:
20000725150838.K13282@ghostwheel.wks.na.deuba.com
On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 11:04:18AM -0700, sfink@digital-integrity.com wrote:
> But from what I've heard of Perforce, it sounds like a better tool.

It is, but it's not open source.  I don't care, but maybe some people
do. I say screw them, I think we should use it anyway.  :-)

> What I'd like in a change management system is for everyone in the world
> to be able to update, modify the latest code, and commit their changes
> into a playpen. If we're lucky, then maybe be able to use a pool of
> diverse Sourceforge machines to run make test all over the place. Then
> ask the change mgmt system to generate the patch in a standard format,
> with an id. Then we'll always know what version anything is patched
> against, the patches can be shared with anyone, and we can group them
> into big change sets and talk about them like they're alive and
> slobbering all over the couch in the living room.

I'm with you.  Sounds great.  Maybe perforce would like to kick in some
resources...?

--
May the best description of competition prevail.
      (via, but not speaking for Deutsche Bank)